If you are thinking that you may want to hire a house cleaning service, then you will want to learn as much as possible about the potential company before you invite someone you don’t know in to your home. Below is a great list of questions to ask a house cleaning services company before you hire them.
- Supplies – Do you provide your own supplies and equipment? Knowing if the company brings in their own cleaning supplies and equipment, like a vacuum and broom, can make a big difference in the convenience and cost of the service.
- Background Checks – Do you do a background check on all of your employees? Hopefully the answer is “yes” to this question. Before you invite a cleaner into your home you will want to make sure that the company has done their due diligence in vetting the employee.
- Rates – How do you calculate your rates? Does the company charge by the hour or by the tasks completed? If it is by the hour be sure to set a max hour to ensure that you don’t go over what you want to spend.
- Home Access – How will the cleaner gain access to your home? Will you need to be home, or will they accept a key or code to your home?
- Pets – What will you do with your pets while the house cleaning services are being done? Is the cleaner comfortable with your pet? If you are going to have a reoccurring cleaning service, then it may be a good idea to introduce your pet to the cleaner.