Moving to a new home? A fresh, new living space can be motivating, even life-changing. In fact, each year in the U.S., nearly 10% of the country’s residents, 15.3 million households, experience the challenge and excitement of moving to a new residence.
But whether you’re renting or buying ─ and before you pack up your belongings, eager to settle in ─ consider this: Your “fresh start” will feel a lot less fresh if the previous tenants left dirt and grime behind.
And even if they did clean a bit, how thorough were they? Carpeting, bathrooms, kitchen cabinets – you never know what sort of messes and spills happened before the space became yours. Even with brand-new construction or a remodeled space, you may be surprised to find that builders can leave debris and plaster dust where you least expect it.
A move-in cleaning service can be an excellent way to christen your new living space and ensure that it’s sparkly-clean for you and your family. Pre-move, a cleaning service can eliminate potential “move-in” surprises. Pro cleaners take the burden off you and your family, so you can focus on other essentials ─ packing, transporting, unpacking, and figuring out where to put everything.
What Does a Move-In Cleaning Service Do?
How clean is the oven? Is the toilet disinfected? Top to bottom, a move-in service will clean every inch of your home, from dusting, wiping, and disinfecting to vacuuming and mopping.
Here are just a few of the many crucial checklist items your move-in cleaners can tackle on your behalf:
- Places “up high”: Move-in cleaning service pros know to “clean high before they clean low,” since dirt will float down from ceiling fans, chandeliers, and tops of walls.
- Frequently touched items around the home: Move-in cleaners are careful to disinfect spots that a typical surface cleaning might overlook, such as doorknobs and locks, light switches, thermostats, and alarm pads.
- Bathroom: A move-in cleaning service will be sure to sanitize all the bathrooms, including sinks, countertops, toilet and toilet seat, tubs, and showers. The cleaning team will also wipe down windows and mirrors and clean cabinets and closets.
- Kitchen: Move-in cleaners can remove and clean refrigerator and freezer drawers, bins, and shelves. They will also sanitize your new home’s microwave, your oven’s range hood and interior removable elements (drip pans, rack), and your dishwasher.
- Flooring: When all other areas sparkle, your move-in service professionals will finish with floors and rugs, including steam-cleaning carpets, mopping and polishing wood floors, and sweeping and cleaning other flooring.
About Move-In Cleaning Services from Fiv5 Star Cleaning
Your new home should bring you joy and peace of mind, and your move-in should be stress-free.
For over a decade, our well-trained staff has provided high-quality, reliable move-in cleaning services to new renters and homeowners in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. Our expert team has solid experience getting all types of residences “move-in ready,” from condos to luxury homes.
Trust our move-in cleaning service to custom-clean your new residence to your personal satisfaction. With Fiv5 Star Cleaning, your new home will shine.